I know people who have personally been affected by what they put on facebook and their lives will never be the same. I personally am not a fan of all the technology we use today. I believe it hurt us as social beings and is taking us in a direction in life I do not wish to go.
For a good website for online safety go to www.parentfurther.com/technology-media/online-safety
Did You Know?
- Kids who are educated in the importance of online safety are more likely to take steps to keep themselves safe online than kids who aren’t educated.1
- One out of five teenagers use their cell phones to go online.2Of those who do, one out of five say their parents don’t know that they do this.3
- One half of all teenagers post their real age on social networking sites.4 Two out of five post the name of the city where they live.5
- While 25 percent of 13- to 15-year-olds think it’s unsafe to post personal stuff online, only 14 percent of 16- to 18-year-olds feel the same way.7
- Two out of five teenagers are exposed to pornography online.8
- Two out of three teenagers say that cyberbullying is a serious problem.10 One out of three say that online bullying is worse than being bullied in person.11