1. My favorite tool was Thinkfinity which allows students to watch short video clips explaining an
event or time period and having interactive games to keep the students interested and continue learning
more new content vocabulary. It could be very useful for my classes
2. I don't I've transformed yet since we haven't started using the 11 tools in the classroom. I'm still trying to
learn the active board which I've only had for a short time and wish we would spend more time on the
technology that most of us still don't know how to use.
I don't think my vision has changed because I understand and appreciate the importance of changing
with the times and I must keep up with the technology or get a new job
As more technology roles in....I'll roll with it.
3. I was surprised to find that the amount of tools available for us is endless and unfortunately so
is the training that people will want us to take.......
I just miss a book, a chalkboard, and being a teacher
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
1. I think the first thing that students and parents should be aware of is that once you put something on
the internet it is there to stay forever and your actions and words or things you do can be recorded for
all to see now and until you die. So students must be aware of this first.
Be very careful when speaking about other people, cyber bullying can be just as painful as the physical act and can hurt people in life. Just as you don't won't someone to hurt you be careful what you say
Make sure that the information that you get is factual...since anyone can put anything on the net...they will.
2 .I would use I Safe which teaches safety and responsibility to students....even if students might think twice
in the future when they know the consequences
3. I would like the kids to practice starting a rumor and or pretend to put photos of someone on the net
and let them discuss how they would feel if it were to happen to them
4. I would send a letter from I Safe home with the students for their parents to sign and ask that their
parents discuss the responsibilities of Digital Citizenship and let the parents know that we are going
to talk about the same thing in class
Friday, March 23, 2012
1. I believe it's important to incorporate technology into the curriculum because it is clearly the direction which we are headed. That is to say that our children are growing up in an electronic and digital age that are parents
and ourselves couldn't have imagined. is is rumored that textbooks are now being phased out for electronic
devices and whether we like it or not it is the way the wind is blowing
2. I believe that holding students responsible for a station is showing students what responsibility is all
about. It teaches students that they're not playing with toys at a friends house but are handling very expensive
equipment which I believe leads to better appreciation, ownership, and learning.
3. I like Learning games for Kids. It has a variety of games for young learners which is also perfect for ESL students and since there is so many games to choose from all students at a station could pick a game the liked the most and share it with the class who could learn to play as a group against each other for fun.
I also enjoyed visiting Thinkfinity. It has some excellent videos synopsis of events that students could
use to tell the class and the teacher about what the saw and learned.
4. For the I pad one great app for social studies ESL students is Brainstorm. students can watch videos of important events and read short essays that interactive quizzes which students could do as a group.
Educreations turns your Ipad into a whiteboard so that the students become the teacher giving them
a chance to explore and go and reteach anything they've learned for the class
5. I believe that the students can use the Ipad in multiple ways to learn and have a station with different apps so that student could rotate if they wanted or play content vocab games against each other so that learning is constant. One station can have a video, one interactive game and others that kids could make their own videos and watch what other students have done
1. The Dell 2120 notebook is the same as any laptop and only smaller. There was really nothing new here that I learned
. The I-Pod is something that I have never used and was amazed at all the applications and features the it has. My student will be able to play games by touching the screen and moving parts around or see visual aids
in excellent color and sound and will be able to enhance their learning right in their own fingertips. You can read books, watch videos and films and search the web
2. I plan on having my students use it to watch, find and play with content vocabulary in groups and
have each student make several videos or use web tools for presentations
Suggestions: I would suggest using groups and having them constantly have team members participate so that learning is shared by all
Content Objective: TSW examine the challenges of lack of education and how it effects others in the
world by talking live with students in Africa (Egypt) and asking how they feel students here could help students in their country
When do you plan to implement this? When students begin to study Africa after STARR exams
What tools do you plan to use? Skype or Edmodo
Explanation: Students will talk with a relative of a student in Africa and have the chance to ask questions that they feel might help them to better understand the situation in which they live. Students from the other class will in turn ask our students questions. The two will then discuss ways to improve the situation and or how we can help each other. Students can also use their responses and cooperation through Google docs or Edmodo
and then present the following week with a presentation by showing wordle, Animoto or some other visual form we have learned and share it with the class
Thursday, March 22, 2012
In wallwisher students can post videos or pictures on a virtual poster board for the class to see and discuss
I liked using wall wisher because it could be used by students anonymously so that others cannot critique
them and gives them a feeling of self expression as well as participating in a group effort
I used Today's meet because it's a good way to get students talking in the class room and only
can be used in the classroom
I think that both wallwisher and Today's meet are a great way to get students usiing content vocabulary
while their having fun and being private...anything that gets their little brains moving toward the direction
or focus of the class is going to help with learning....I would think that wallwisher is funnier for esl students
and today's meet for academic
I just completed Animoto video and loved it. It's basically a way for students to show pictures with
music of things they'd like to do, have done, or will do. It would be great to use in class
Wordlle is a great way for kids to practice content words:
Here using the Gettsburg address:Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
I love Animoto as a way for students to be interested in telling a story and creating it for themselves
Wordle is perfect for LEP students practicing vocabulary
Monday, March 19, 2012
Click here to see the spring break survey I created on a Google form
I like how people are able to make surveys to get opinions from others but the experience was very
time consuming. It does help the teacher though get a better understanding how other people feel without getting their feelings hurt
Here's a video I found on Isaac Newton that talks about his other interests.
This is a video that helps Geography students understand the size of Russia, Continentalnality and how it's size has helped it in the past
I love being a teacher so that I can bypass some of the rules and I now have drop box that I love